Introducing the latest MAGELLAN® series bass amplifier, the MAGELLAN® 350. Along with Genzler’s larger MAGELLAN® 800, the MG-350 represents the pinnacle in the next generation in compact, lightweight, high-output, versatile, bass amplification.
The MAGELLAN® 350 is the little brother of the larger MAGELLAN® 800 but only in relation to its smaller compact size. The MG-350 meets the same stringent design parameters for form, function, fit and finish as their larger MAGELLAN® 800. The feature set and 350 watt output power level of this tiny amplifier makes it a “big boy” in its amplifier class. As well, the MG-350 delivers exactly what players have come to expect from the GENZLER® design team — performance, versatility and reliability.
From natural, pristine, transparent reproduction of the bass instrument to classic, vintage harmonic textures, the MG-350 provides the tonal pallet needed to cover all of the bassist’s amplifier requirements and is ideal for electric or upright bassists.
OVERVIEW / SPECIFICATIONS:
PREAMP – all solid state analog design with integrated soft clip circuitry.
- INPUT– 1Meg ohm input impedance
- CHANNEL OVERVIEW – Voiced to provide natural, pristine, transparent reproduction of the bass instrument. The circuitry consists of an FET feedback type variable gain circuit that provides wide range, continuously variable gain for use with a wide range of instrument pick-ups and preamps.
- CONTOUR — continuously variable control of 2 vastly different response curves. In either CURVE position, when the SHAPE control is all the way off (CCW) the response curve is completely FLAT.
- Curve A (Blue) — a variable pre-shaped curve that boosts lows and highs while simultaneously cutting mids. The slopes are fairly gentle which keep the tone shaping very musical. This curve covers a wide range of sounds from flat to classic to modern depending on the position of the SHAPE control.
- Curve B (Amber) — a variable pre-shaped curve with attenuated high mids and highs, a low mid bump, and a slight roll-off of the lowest bass frequencies. Again, the slopes are fairly gentle which keep the tone shaping very musical. This curve is intended to provide sounds in the range of vintage amps and vintage cabinets that do not have tweeters.
- ACTIVE EQUALIZATION – The MAGELLAN® 350 contains an active 3 band equalizer with a sweepable parametric mid-range frequency control.
- Bass +/- 15dB boost/cut shelving curve with a corner frequency of 75Hz
- Mid +/- 15dB boost/cut of the variable mid frequency selected
- Freq Variable mid frequency from 150Hz-3kHz
- Treble +/- 15dB boost/cut shelving curve with a corner frequency of 6kHz
POWER AMP – The MAGELLAN® 350 uses a state of the art, class D power amplifier design and a high frequency auto-sensing universal switch-mode power supply (SMPS) to achieve unprecedented high performance and lightweight packaging. There are no Voltage Switches to change or jumpers to move. This SMPS senses the line voltage from 100-240 Volts and automatically configures itself.
- XLR Direct Output –
- Mic / Line Switch
- Pre / Post EQ Switch
- Ground Lift Switch
- Aux Input
- Head Phones
- Dual Speakon® Speaker Outputs
- Impedance Selector Switch for 8, 4 or 2.67 ohm operation
- Power Output: 175W/8 Ohms, 350W/4 Ohms and 350W/2.67 Ohms
- Minimum Speaker Load: 2.67 Ohms
- Dimensions: 2.63”H X 9”W X 9.83”D (67mm H x 228.6mm W x 249.8mm D)
- Weight: 3.5 LBS ( 1.75 Kg)