EA Euphonic Audio’s Doubler 550 Bass Amp Head………..
EA makes micro heads for bassists who like to hear their instruments without amp coloration’s. These pocket-rockets deliver over 500 watts of power, yet weigh just over kilo – an unbeatable ratio.
Among EA’s biggest supporters are professional players who might find themselves playing a 5-string bass guitar on Friday night and an Upright Bass on Saturday. Or maybe both on the same gig. These bassists are called Doublers, and they finally have an amp worthy of their name. Doublers have specific demands: hi-fi accuracy, the power to drive the low ‘b’ on an electric bass or handle the power of a ‘doghouse’ played full tilt, and a series of unique features that allow for the proper amplification of an Upright Bass. Features like a two channel preamp for getting a properly mixed stage sound, with one channel optimized for piezo pickups and one for mics, and a set of filters that eliminate the feedback common to Upright basses.
Meeting the needs of the upright and doubling player, the EA Doubler combines the best features of the Micro with specific features for the upright player. With the help of Mike Arnopol (Patricia Barber). The Doubler features phantom power, a variable notch filter and a variable phase. This 550 watt, dual channel, Class D, US made musical instrument amplifier is the part of the current wave of EA’s small, powerful amps that set the standard for sound, size, and power. The Doubler shares, with the new Micro, a new, ROBUST innovative switching power supply and an elegant and pristine preamp to create possibly the lightest, most powerful and versatile musical instrument amplifier for the upright player and doubler,
Amazingly, the EA’s Doubler has all of this, and packs it all in a 1.5 Kg box with over 500 watts of power on tap.
- Inputs: Configuration: 2 independent channels, Channel 1 Mid EQ set at 500Hz for electric bass, Channel 2 Mid EQ set at 800Hz for upright/acoustic bass- Channel 2 has XLR input with phantom power
- Input Impedance: 1Meg ohm input impedance on both inputs
- Trim controls: Independent channel level adjustments, DI output level, and high pass filter
- Intelligent Input Switching: Select different settings for 1 bass or have independent setups for 2 basses, Channel 1 or Channel 2, or Channel 1+2
- Controls: Channel switch, Input gain, 3-Band EQ, Master Volume, Mute switch, Effects loop blend
- EQ: Low, Mid, and High for each channel, Variable high pass filter 22-80 Hz, 6db per octave (allows selection of a frequency below which response is reduced, helps boomy rooms and stages (Channel 2 only) – Channel 2 also includes switchable Phantom Power, Variable Phase Control, and switchable Variable Notch Filter
- Effects Loop: Parallel effects loop with blend control, wide range of setups via internal jumpers
- Outputs: Speakon speaker, tuner, effects send, balanced DI out (1/4″ stereo wired as TRS)
- Protection: Internal cooling fan, thermal and overload
- Line Voltage: 100/120 – 240 volts internally selected via jumper
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz +/- 3dB
- Power Output: 550 watts @ 4 ohms 310 watts @ 8 ohms
- Size: 2.1″H x 10.5″W x 5.4″D / 5.3cm x 26.6cm x 13.7cm
- Weight: 2.6 lbs / 1.5 Kg