GENZLER® AMPLIFICATION proudly announces the third effects pedal in the product line, the CRASH BOX 4™, CLASSIC BASS DISTORTION.
This new model continues the collaboration of the GENZLER AMPLIFICATION design team and Andy Field, former Genz Benz engineer. Together they possess decades of innovative audio product design and manufacturing expertise. The GENZLER® AMPLIFICATION pedal line continues to explore a variety of pedal concepts based on their decades of collaboration together, looking back into hundreds of pages of their old design ideas, and to explore interesting concepts and blending them with new innovations. A retrospective of sorts, this is a chance to dig into their collective experiences to develop what they feel players would use and appreciate, going forward.
The new CRASH BOX 4 PEDAL is an ALL-ANALOG distortion pedal that dynamically emulates 4 different distortion types found in popular tube and solid-state distortion circuit topologies and then gives the player additional flexibility and control over drive/gain, distortion path (only)–high pass and low pass filters and separately a clean signal path blend. The result is the ability to tailor and fine tune the distortion to fit a wide spectrum of music and playing techniques, without the loss of touch sensitivity, musicality, or the addition of excess noise.
1st GEAR: Reminiscent of a tube amp’s moderately driven channel (including natural harmonics) with a bit of compression when driven hard. Many players will find that this works well as a mellow/milder, smoother overdrive/distortion with plenty of even ordered harmonic richness , and dimensional texture.
2nd GEAR: Emulates a tube amp’s more heavily overdriven tone, with more odd order harmonics and compression, depth and top-end. While moderately compressed, there is still plenty of depth of tone, dynamics and feel present.
3rd GEAR: An aggressive up-shift from 2nd gear, this heavier and edgier distortion is higher in odd order harmonics as well as having greater compression for a tighter feel. The harder you dig in, the thicker the harmonics and texture, and the more compressed the feel, with greater sustain.
4th GEAR: This is the most aggressive gear of all — a heavy, symmetrical, mostly odd order harmonics style distortion. While there are a lot of harmonics and compression present, this gear does not give up tone but adds additional crush and increased sustain.
The CRASH BOX 4 is a dynamic and versatile distortion pedal and is an excellent compliment with our other pedals and either of our MAGELLAN 350 or MAGELLAN 800 bass amps.
- Black Lightweight Aluminum Chassis
- Rugged Stomp Switches
- Low-noise, Silent Switching Circuitry
- High-Pass and Low-Pass Filter (Distortion Engine Only)
- 4 Position Distortion “Gear” Selector Switch
- Parallel Clean Signal Path
- High/Low Drive Sensitivity Switch
- Accepts Power Supplies From 9VDC – 18VDC (low noise type), Either Polarity (auto detecting) 40mA Max — (Power Supply Not Included)
- Dimensions: 12.7cm W x 10.4cm D x 5.8cm H
- Weight: 455 g.
- Power Supply: 9VDC-18VDC (low noise type), either polarity (auto-detecting), 40mA max (Power supply not included).
- Input Impedance: >1M ohm
- Output Impedance: 1k ohm
- Overdrive Engine Input HPF: 30Hz – 200hz
- Overdrive Engine Output LPF: 1kHz – 14kHz
- Input Sensitivity (nominal): -20dBu (high sensitivity), -10dBu (low sensitivity)
- Maximum Input Level: 0dBu (9V supply), +5dBu (12V supply), +10dBu (18V supply), high sensitivity, DRIVE at 9:00
- Maximum Input Level: +5dBu (9V supply), +12dBu (12V supply), +18dBu (18V supply), low sensitivity, DRIVE at 9:00
- Maximum Output Level: +9dBu (9V supply) +14dBu (12V supply), +20dBu (18V supply)