Why is the Dual Preamp different?
The Dual Pre has been designed thanks to the contribution of some professional bass players who helped us to identify the main characteristics that a bass preamp must have to be really complete.
It was born to be perfect during your recording sessions, (from your home recording bass lines to professional studios sessions) but the result was a preamp perfect also for live Gigs and in-ear monitoring which is becoming more and more of a requirement these days.
Here’s what our Dual Pre can do:
1) Allows you to have two separate channels, both with the most complete equalization section present on this type of products (4-band eq with 2 selectable frequencies on the mid-low and 2 on the mid-high, boost filters for low and high frequencies)
2) Allows you to have a channel with an integrated professional overdrive (Blend, two distortion modes and high pass filter)
3) Allows you to switch from one channel to another with two different instruments or with the same instrument, but also to mix the two channels in a single output to your amplifier to have an extreme saturation which preserves all the definition and attack of the clean channel
4) Allows you to send these two signals separately to the P.A. through two D.I. outputs a function that in the studio will allow you to simultaneously and separately record a clean and a distorted track (or if you want to mix them in a single D.I.).
And through the “parallel output” you can have a further output with the sound of your untreated instrument giving the studio engineer a lot of material to work with and without forcing him to connect an external D.I. box
5) Allows you to have a high quality compressor with the possibility of adjusting ratio, threshold, release and volume, not the single compressor pot that you usually find on some bass preamps
6) Allows you to have an integrated tuner with display screen
7) Allows you to have a headphone output with its own separate equalization (volume, treble and bass) that you can use as a monitor if necessary or to study when you are traveling and play along thanks to the aux in that will allow you to connect a smartphone or a media player
8) Allows you to take advantage of all these functions through four separate footswitches in order to avoid complicated combinations or unmanageable manual switches during a concert. And in addition, you can choose two different switching modes between the two channels (channel 1/2 and channel 1 + 2 or channel 1 and channel 2)
9) Allows you to have your GR sound always with you even when you have to use external hired Backlines, a real portable GR Dual amp in a bass pedal.