The MAGELLAN® PRE brings the performance and preamp feature set of our popular Magellan series bass amps into a powerful, feature-laden, compact bass preamp/DI pedal. From natural, pristine, transparent reproduction of the bass instrument to classic, vintage harmonic textures with a “weighted feel to the notes”, the MG-PRE-PEDAL provides the tonal palette needed to cover all of the bassist’s tone requirements.
This is exactly what players have come to expect from the GENZLER® design team — performance, versatility, and reliability. This new model continues the collaboration of the GENZLER AMPLIFICATION design team and Andy Field, former Genz Benz engineer. Together they possess decades of innovative audio product design and manufacturing expertise.
The MAGELLAN® PRE is an all-analog full featured preamp pedal with a wide-range input gain control, 3-band equalization with sweepable mids, our unique foot switchable dual curve adjustable contour circuits, foot switchable mute circuit, aux input, headphone output, balanced/unbalanced main output and balanced XLR direct output. This compact, lightweight pedal brings all of the tone and versatility of our MAGELLAN series bass amplifier designs into a small pedal format.
The MG-PRE-PEDAL is also a great companion to our 4 ON THE FLOOR Classic Overdrive Pedal, CRASH BOX-4 Classic Distortion Pedal and RE/Q 5 band EQ + Filter Pedal.
- DIMENSIONS: 6” (152mm) W x 4.3” (110mm ) D (w/ jacks) x 2.5” (63mm) H (w/ knobs and feet)
- WEIGHT: 1.1 lb (0.5kg)
- POWER SUPPLY: 9VDC-18VDC (low noise type), either polarity, 80mA
- POWER SUPPLY JACK: 2.1mm center pin with 5.5mm barrel (standard Boss pedal dimensions)
- INPUT IMPEDANCE: 1 Meg Ohm
- INPUT SENSITIVITY (nominal): -10dBu to -20dBu (instrument level)
- INPUT SENSITIVITY (maximum): >0dBu (9V supply), >+5dBu (12V supply), >+10dBu (18V supply)
- HIGH PASS Filter Range: 25Hz – 120hz, 18dB/oct variable
- EQ Filter Points:
- LOW: +/-15dB shelving below 75 Hz
- MID: +/-15dB peak-dip, between 150Hz – 2.8kHz
- HIGH: +/-15dB shelving above 6kHz
- PREAMP OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: 1k ohm (unbalanced), 2k ohm (balanced)
- PREAMP OUTPUT LEVEL (nominal): -10dBu to +4dBu (line level)
- PREAMP OUTPUT LEVEL (unbalanced maximum): +8dBu (9V supply) +12dBu (12V supply), +16dBu (18V supply)
- PREAMP OUTPUT LEVEL (balanced maximum): +14dBu (9V supply) +18dBu (12V supply), +22dBu (18V supply)
- DIRECT OUTPUT LEVEL (balanced nominal): -30dBu (mic level)
- DIRECT OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: 2k ohm (balanced)
- AUX INPUT IMPEDANCE: 10 K Ohm
- AUX INPUT LEVEL (nominal): -10dBu, stereo (sums to mono)
- AUX INPUT LEVEL (maximum): +10dBu, stereo (sums to mono)
- HEADPHONE OUTPUT: Drives headphones and IEM buds from 8 ohms -200 ohms, stereo output, mono signal path. (Higher impedance headphones, such as 600 ohms, will result in less output and headroom.)